If you get excited about technology and learning new things, here is an update on my learning activity this past weekend.
- Learn XAML and programming XAML using C++ /Cx.
- With the C++ Renaissance in full swing at Microsoft and in the industry, I could not use “just” XAML but became more interested in what “ponies” the XAML framework offers for C++ developers.
- Discover the DirectX and XAML interop facilities that are available exclusively to native C++ developers.
- Learn the techniques of mixing XAML and DirectX in Modern Windows 8 UI style apps.
- Still not satisfied and looking for more “ponies”, discover C++ AMP.
- Learn C++ AMP and its support for DirectX textures etc.
- Write one cool app integrating XAML + DirectX + C++ AMP.
- Attain digital nirvana
Feel good about the coolness of writing native code and all the facilities that are available to folks like us!!